Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Crispy Fried Pork Chops



Last time I made fried pork chops, all of the batter came off. In an attempt to keep that from happening again, I tried two new things. I used bread flour and I double dipped them. They came out wonderfully and were really crispy! Souce: me

4 bone-in pork chops
2 cups of bread flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
seasonings to taste
vegetable oil

Heat vegetable oil in dutch oven. Trim the fat from the pork chops. Mix eggs and milk together and add desired seasonings (I used salt, pepper, Tony Chachere's and parsley).
Mix flour with desired seasonings, I used the same ones as the egg and milk mixture.
Dip pork chops in egg mixture, then lightly dredge in flour mixture. Dip in egg mixture again and back in flour mixture, making sure to pack the flour on the pork chop. Shake off any access flour.
Fry in hot vegetable oil until brown and crispy, about 4-6 minutes on each side.

No comments: