Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cauliflower Augratin



A simple and quick side dish. I wanted to mix with broccoli, but didn't have any. This was a small serving, but it can easily be doubled. Souce: me.

1 package of frozen cauliflower
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of flour
3/4 cup of milk
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used colby and monterrey jack blend)
salt and pepper
Steam cauliflower until barely tender. I think I steamed it too long and it fell apart.
For the bechamel sauce, melt butter in a pot and add flour. Whisk until incorporated and add milk. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
Grease bottom of casserole dish and add cauliflower (I also put salt and pepper on the veggies). Toss with a little bit of the cheese and cover with the bechamel sauce. Top with the rest of the cheese and cook on 400 for 20 minutes or until the top is brown and bubbly.

No comments: