Friday, April 15, 2011

Basil Shrimp




2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 1/2 lemons, juiced
3 tablespoons dijon mustard (I used honey mustard)
1/2 cup minced basil leaves
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to tasts

Mix olive oil, butter, juice and mustard together. Mix well with a fork and add mustard and basil leaves. Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste. Add shrimp and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.

Heat griddle (I used my indoor grill, but you could bake in the oven or pan sautee) and spread shrimp evenly. Cook until translucent.
My griddle has a drip pan, so I took all the sauce that cooked off, as well as what was left in the bowl, and cooked it down in a sautee pan. Then I tossed with a little bit of pasta. It was DELISH!!!!

No comments: