White Chicken Enchiladas
Adapted from: Pioneer Woman
- 2-½ cups Cooked, Shredded Chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water with one chicken bouillon cube
- 12 flour Tortillas
- 1 whole Large Onion, Diced
- 2 whole 4 Oz Cans Whole Green Chilies, Diced
- 1/2 of a Jalapeno, Seeded And Finely Diced
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2-½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
- 1 cup Monterey Jack/Chedder blend, shredded
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
In a separate large skillet, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together and cook over medium heat for one minute. Pour in 1 1/2 cups chicken broth. Whisk together and cook for another minute or two. Stir in the other can of the chilies. Reduce heat, then stir in sour cream. Add 1 1/2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese and stir to melt. Add 1/2 teaspoon paprika. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
To assemble, spoon chicken mixture on top of tortillas, one by one. Top with plenty of cheese and roll up. Place seam side down in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Pour cheese mixture all over the top of the tortillas. Top with extra cheese if you’d like, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.