Monday, August 4, 2008

Zucchini Cakes


This recipe is a combination of receipes from The Pioneer Woman Cooks and Paula Deen. I took what I liked best about both of the receips and combined them.

3 medium zucchini
1 1/2 of bread crumbs (I used homeade bread crumbs seasoned with lots of fresh rosemary, basil, parsley and oregano)
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for frying

Shred zucchini, leaving skin on. I used my food processor and it worked great. Squeeze in a paper towel to get out extra moisture. Mix zucchini, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, cheese, egg and salt and pepper together. Heat olive oil in a skillet and form small balls with the mixture. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side, until brown. Drain on paper towels.
I served with ranch dressing, yum. The homemade bread crumbs had a lot of flavor with the fresh herbs.

No comments: